Old 04-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Shiva

Default OT Raleigh/Durham Shopping! fish emulsion

Susan H. Imko wrote:

I used to go there a lot when I lived on the other side of town, not far
from I40. My biggest complaint with that center is the ingress and
egress into it. What a pain! I swear that in this area the people who
design and layout the parking lots should be lined up and shot.

Yes indeedy! Part of the problem, I think, is that we have this big
engineering school here. So we get these boys with Bright New Ideas. The
Triangle (this is kind of funny from a larger perspective)is known for
Great New Fancy Innovations! Compared with other places in NC. Meanwhile,
there is another shopping center--the name escapes me--off Capital Blvd
that I swear I have to go in four complete circles to exit. Every time.

Breadmaker

I then
bought the Breadman Ultimate (model TR2200C) after doing some research.

[...]I have a fresh loaf of honey wheat bread calling me....

Well, I have a close friend who could just about make a meal of bread
alone. I'll look into this model, thanks!

Clematis

I wouldn't say I know a lot. I just have a tendency to read alot about
things before I buy them. (This habit I developed after murdering a few
plants. *sigh* Always, ALWAYS make sure you have the right light for the
plant you want to put in your garden.) I love to read and learn so this
is just part of my nature. I was also fascinated by the Piilu hence the
reason I relayed the info.

That's the very best thing about these kinds of forums (--ae, --a!) I will
be on the lookout for this at the fancy nurseries this spring and summer.

Sorry to take so long to respond

It's a busy world--I do understand. There isn't enough time for everything!

but I've been sidelined with a very
nasty siunus infection that is trying desperately to turn into
bronchitis or pneumonia.

Terrible things, sinus infections. That old "drink water" advice is really
good, because it keeps it from getting too gross, IYKWIM. The other thing
is, irrigate your nose every day, in the shower, even. And stay up with
your supplements--stresstabs--lots of b and c, just what you need. Also--
and this is my remedy for any congestion type things: get a big can of
good quality chicken broth (if you make your own stock, that's better, if
you slaughter your own chicken, well, ICK! :-) I know you don't want to
cook when you're sick) bring it to a boil then turn down to a simmer;
smash three or four fresh hard cloves of garlic with the broad side of a
meat tenderizing mallet (or use a garlic press) then chop it fine and put
it in the broth. Simmer for ten minutes on low, too much heat makes the
garlic bitter. Sprinkle just a little cayenne pepper in--you can always
add more to each cup. This stuff gets everything going, respiratory wise,
clears your sinuses, and boosts your immune system. No kidding! It makes
you feel better, too. Good luck and hope you are well soon!

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu