Old 19-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Bob Grody

Default Newbie pond planning questions

Take a look at:

Water Features and Garden Railroads
http://www.btcomm.com/trains/primer/water.htm

"John Rutz" wrote in message

Scott Evans wrote:
Hello! My wife and I are considering doing a backyard pond, but being
the type of person who's not going to jump into this totally blind, I
have been doing research to help figure out what this entails.

To summarize, we're thinking of combining together a garden railroad
and pond area. Nothing like combining two addictive and potentially
expensive hobbies, huh? :-)

wish I could but to yor questions your plan sounds good
a small filter would help keep it clean
yes figure in the stream too for total volume
with a couple goldfish should be no skeeter problem
diverting the pump would probably be simplest

hope this helps some

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com