Old 04-03-2003, 05:27 PM

Default best way to water plants

On 01 Mar 2003 21:22:35 GMT, (Iris Cohen) wrote:
How should one water an African violet?
I bought it from Franks, and it came in a plastic container with no holes
in the bottom.

Unbelievable. Are you sure it isn't in a pot inside a cachepot? If it otherwise
doesn't need repotting, see if you can make holes in the bottom with a
soldering iron or a sharp tool.
I water African violets by putting the spout of the watering can between the
leaves.
Iris,

Doh! It is in another pot. It was just so tight that I didn't notice
it. Shows how observant I really am

I've been watering from the top from a watering can with a very narrow
spout. That way I can put it between the leaves without getting them
wet.

By the way, what happens if the leaves get wet? Does it melt like the
wicked witch of the west? I've only heard that you shouldn't do it,
not what the repercussions are.

Swyck