Old 20-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Lyndon Thomas

Default Potatoe plants from last year's plants

Good potatoes them growing for SIXTY YEARS
"Dwayne" wrote in message
Hill up the dirt around them and let them go. You might get some good

ones
from them.

Now I have a question. I planted Yukon Gold and russet potatoes in the

same
row. I use a soaker hose to water them. The russets got rusty looking
leaves and are dying. I dug one or two of them up, and the roots had some
small ones on, but they were rotted from too much water. My aunt told me
that she never watered hers after planting them, about 60 years ago.

If I replant and don't water, will I have better luck, or will they die

from
lack of water?

Dwayne

"Kayla" wrote in message
Last fall I missed digging up some potatoe plants and they are growing
this year. Will they be good potatoes to use this year or should I
dig them up and discard them. I am in Zone 5 and we had a severe
winter.

Lori