Old 20-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Kay Easton

Default New Allotment, WOOHOO! Now what?

In article , Colin Davidson
writes
I'm seeing a man about an allotment this evening.

I'm really looking forward to having more space than I've got in our little
garden to grow food in. But it's a bit late in the season. Obviously I can
plant some later cropping carrots, some green salad veg that crop in autumn,
I can probably squeeze in some late beans, but what else can I get into the
ground in the next month or two?

The various japanese greens which like to be planted late, winter
radishes, if the soil is damp - later summer radishes, swiss chard.

Look out at nurseries and 'summer fayres' for seedlings - eg french
beans, courgettes, runner beans.

Herbs grown for their leaves - though they're things you'd probably
prefer to grow in the garden so they're handy for the kitchen.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: