Old 20-06-2003, 02:08 PM
animaux

Default OT bird

It is probably a mocking bird and he is going after the "bird in the window
reflection" like it's an enemy on his territory.

We have about 20 species of birds in our garden throughout the day and they were
flying into our breakfast nook windows. We taped CD's to the inside of the
window with the holographic effect facing outward. It gave them some perception
that, the window was not a way to fly.

I know your mocking bird is not doing this accidentally, but if you put
something up which will prevent him from seeing his reflection, he will stop.
Mocking birds are on their second klutch around here. It will stop for sure
when his mating season is over.

Also go over to rec.birds which is dedicated to wild birds.

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 03:27:13 -0400, "samuel l crowe" wrote:

I have a crazy bird!!!
There is a grayish colored bird that keeps banging into the window, he has
done this all summer three or four times a day he will bang into it every
few seconds for 15-20 minutes at a time, will light on the gutter for a rest
period and back at it again. He does this only on one window and only on the
same pane.

What would make a bird do such a crazy thing?