Old 20-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Gareee©

Default New pond residents question...

Thanks! once we *finally* move in, I'll feel much better. Since we are
moving so late in the season, I'll probably just do basic work on the yard..
next year I plan on decorating, and plantings.

We actually started this in early FEB., believe it or not! it literally
takes THIS LONG to do something like this.. and that's with a pre-fab house.
with stick built, they said about a year or so...

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Sounds great, congratulations on your new home! ) ~ jan

Off the line? A manufactured type home? If so or not, what kind? ~ jan

Yep, manufactured. We got a big doublewide Clayton.. it's 2100 sq feet,

and
they even accommodated quite a number of changes to the floor plans.

Instead of one of those worthless indoor pond/glamour bath, we got a

second
master bathroom mirror/vanity combo.

We got a more rustic looking fireplace, had them move the sliding glass

door
in the den to the right side of the room, and had them combine two

bedrooms
into one large workroom/office kinda thing.

Once the order was put in, they had it done in 2 weeks!

We also got the full appliance package they had, since it was MUCH

cheaper
then if we bought everything separately. We got the large fridge with the
outside ice/crushed ice/water thing, built in Microwave, and one of

those
cool flat top stoves. (No more cleaning out burners!!!)

Completely setup, with the land prepared, I think the total was 93,000 or
so...

Closest I could come on a stickbuilt home the same size would be about

50%
more.

We currently own a Fleetwood, and while the Claytons cost quite a bit

more,
they also have quite a number of upgrades that would cost more anyway.

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a