Old 20-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

Default lily-eating critters

"Elizabeth" wrote in message

Thanks Tim

That's exactly them, little sods!

Thanks also to Iris for the suggestion of the bug killer. I think

I'm going
the organic route of just picking off the affected leaves and

getting rid of
them along with the bugs (there weren't more than about ten, though

the poo
was everywhere).

Have just read all about them via the above link. Will have to let

them know
it's now in Herts and probably Beds as we're near the border.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth,

They are not that easy to get rid of. The 'poo' is the larvae and
destined to be adults, but before they do will ruin your lilies as
they are feeding on them. Also the dear little adults are mighty
fast and disappear into the ground to lurk! They are extremely
difficult to eradicate. Sorry to be a pessimist and hope your organic
method works.

Regards
Iris