Old 20-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Gene Schurg

Default anybody home...yooo hooo

Mick

I'm doing my part to help the (orchid) economy........I'm buying plants!

Of course my private gardener takes care of them and then brings them to me
in bloom on a silver platter.

Gene

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
Scully,

With the national economy in the crapper and a tremendous amount of people
out of work in the USA, everyone is depressed and buying/maintaining

orchids
(classed as discretionary luxury purchases) is extremely difficult now
financially.

To push out the thought and hurt of this situation many people are

avoiding
reminders of expensive orchids (that they can only dream about now) by
staying away from RGO and Orchid Forum. I think people have perhaps

become
a little more content with they own backyard collection "as is" now and

have
simply withdrawn from the orchid "scene" for a while to piddle around a

bit
more in the quiet of their greenhouses personally rather than write on the
keyboard whilst the hired gardener used to attend to the collection

instead.
As we all know, a majority of RGOers have laid off their hired help in the
last year... you do/did have a hired gardener? Did you not?

It is a sad fact of life that paying the house rent and buying groceries

is
much important than orchids now... hence the reason nobody is here.

Mick

"scullytac" wrote in message
Why is there nobody here?