Old 21-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Janice

Default Succulent identification please.

Crassula Argentea or Jade Plant. Take a look at
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/jade.html for information on it.

Regards.

"Tony Bond" wrote in message
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but its the only
related newsgroup I lurk in

I've recently inherited a large houseplant from an elderly relative, I've
taken some photo's and have stuck 'em on my webspace. The plant is a
succulent (I'm guessing here, I have next to no knowledge on plants) and

has
been left growing against a window for a looong time by the looks of

things
and needs some TLC. It is very unbalanced and falls over when the pot

dries
out so I would imagine it needs some judicious pruning. Can anyone

please
identify the plant and point me in the direction of any good sites that
cover the care for 'em please ?

PS Any idea how old it could be ? And would it survive a Yorkshire summer
outdoors ?

This one is a crap photo of the 'trunk'.
http://www.locost.myby.co.uk/stuff/plant1.jpg

This one is a good photo of the whole thing.
http://www.locost.myby.co.uk/stuff/plant2.jpg

Shows the 'lean' towards the light.
http://www.locost.myby.co.uk/stuff/plant3.jpg

This one is a photo of a piece of the plant that broke off, seems to have
roots.
http://www.locost.myby.co.uk/stuff/plant4.jpg

Thanks all

In anticipation.

--

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

http://www.bradford7.co.uk