Old 21-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Default ID request

Please excuse Rinkytink, he enjoys being the group jerk-off and is
completely incapable of giving a straight answer to any question.

Your plant is Calycanthus floridus, commonly called "Spice Bush".

P van Rijckevorsel wrote in message
wolfgang schreef
Can someone please help me to identify this plant:

It is a 2 m high bush in our garden in Germany and the blooms have a
strong smell of pineapple, mango and other tropical fruits.

Thanks!

+ + +
Apparently the name is derived from kalyx and anthos (flower) since there

is
no perceptable difference in color between calyx and the rest of the

flower.
Strictly speaking there is no calyx, but only a perianth (indeed one of
those primitive plants).
PvR