Old 04-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Bob Betts

Default London Orchid Society Show

wrote:
what would the exit be from the 401 coming from the east?

Take 401 west to 402. Take 402 to Wonderland north (the first exit
off 402) and keep going until you cross Springbank Drive.
Wonderland gardens will be on your left.

Have you had your show at the wonderland gardens before?

We have held the show at Wonderland Gardens every year but one for
the last fourteen years that I have been involved. We tried another
venue one year because it seemed to have more space and we were
considering it for the Canadian Orchid Congress national show we
hosted in 2000. It turned out not to be as good as Wonderland Gardens
so we are back at Wonderland. If you check the schedule at
http://los.lon.imag.net/shows.asp
you will see we are there until at least 2010.

And what can you tell me about the riverview restaurant at wonderland gardens?
Have you eaten at that restaurant?

The restaurant has limited hours during the winter (Friday and
Saturday evening for dinner only) but will be open on Saturday (for
lunch only to accomodate the judges).
We take the judges there for lunch each year after the judging. We
also held the Saturday night banquet there for the COC show in 2000.
It is small but it is very cozy and has great food. It is also about
10 steps from the back door of the exhibit hall so it is easy for us
and the judges to get to.

Why don't you schedule your shows for spring,

Three reasons:
1) Tradition and lethargy
2) Availability of Wonderland Gardens
3) Availability of judges - there are so many shows now it is hard to
find a weekend when they are available

We have actually been pretty lucky with the weather. Sometimes it is
better that weekend than a few weeks later.