Old 21-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Roberta L. Mueller

Default sick azaleas

Hi, everyone,
It looks like you all agree it's azalea leaf gall and it sure does seem
right. They are kind-of hard, white, and turning brown, as Stephen suggests
too. They do have some new leaf growth, so maybe they'll be okay. I'll get
busy and cut the things off. Thanks very much for your advice!!!
Roberta

"Pam" wrote in message

"Roberta L. Mueller" wrote:

Hi,
After blooming this year all my two-year-old azalea plants have been

growing
lumpy peanut-sized cysts on the tips of the branches. They seem to have
been the starts of new leaves, but malformed. What's wrong! I'm in the
Seattle area.

Roberta

Azalea leaf gall - a very common problem in the area this year, due to our

mild
winter and wet spring.. It is not particularly serious but unslightly.

Just
prune off the affected parts.

pam - gardengal