Old 21-06-2003, 12:08 PM
gOD

Default Rosa Gallica Officinalis availability

(J. Del Col) wrote in message om...
(gOD) wrote in message . com...
(gOD) wrote in message . com...
Hello,

Does anyone know of a place in Northamptonshire that sells this rose?
Also, I understand it is a ground cover rose? How well will it do on
the northern side of a house?

Cheers

If no one has any experience with this, can anyone point me in the
direction of a good book on this rose, or recommend a better roses
newsgroup?

Well, not many of us live in Northhamptonshire, your worship.

It isn't a ground cover rose. It does spread by suckers, but it is too
tall
-about one meter- to count as a ground cover.

It will grow anywhere, north, south, east, west; it won't matter
which side of the house it's on. It is perfectly hardy.

Jack Harkness's --Roses-- has info on it, as do just about all books
about old roses. Suzanne Verrier's --Rosa Gallica-- would be a good
choice too.

J. Del Col

Thanks that is good to know. Sounds like it will do just fine then.

Cheers