Old 21-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Shiva

Default Iceberg and Fabulous are floppy

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:38:42 GMT, "JimS."
wrote:

I planted two Icebergs this year (one bare root, one as part of a tree rose)
and one Fabulous (which is a spawn of Iceberg). They are all three covered
with nice blooms now, but the canes are too wispy to support the weight of
the blooms. So on all three, the flowers hang down. Not lovely.

Remember when you were a gawky boy and your hands and feet and head
were too bit for your body? You were floppy then too! Theo is right.
Let them grow up.

What's the solution to this? Cut the canes back aggressively to very close?
Seems like I'd never get any blooms that way.

Don't be prune happy, dahling. Grow a little patience.

Help!

JimS.
Seattle