Old 04-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Raised Beds

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:22:17 -0800, "DH"
wrote:

"Pat Meadows" wrote in message
.. .

You're happy with yours?

Yes, they stay in place (although mine are only about three bricks high, or
a foot and a half) and they are decorative. I made a kind of geometric
pattern with a large square divided into four parts, with a diamond in the
middle. In the middle, I have some herbs and a small shrub, and I can plant
different rows of plants in each square. I put a strawberry plant in every
other hole around the perimeter, and within one season, the runners had
dropped into the empty holes (filled with dirt), and I had a solid border of
strawberries. I put smaller, controllable plants (i.e, chives) into the
holes in the dividing bricks. Lots of room for creativity. I have had
them for three years, with no problems yet.

Thanks for the good information. I'll need to discuss it
with DH and then we'll see.

Pat

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY