Old 21-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Jim Carter

Default New gardening gloves

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:49:15 -0400, Pat Meadows wrote in
rec.gardens.edible:

We probably have fruit on the others too, but I can't get to
them as the monsoons continue and our garden is again a
lake...

We are fortunate in that the nasty weather passed three days ago and we have had
sunshine since and is forecast at least until Wednesday. Temperature will
actually hit 90F on at least one day. I am basking in the sunlight as much as
the plants are. All plants are suddenly growing, especially my wife's
wee...,er,flowers.

I have two Dufresne tomato plants this year; they are a Québec heirloom. They
are rare pink types, supposed to be tasty. If they live up to my hopes then I
will save some seeds and grow them again. If any anyone reading this has any
information on the Dufresne tomatoes (not Dufresne #2) then I would genuinely
appreciate hearing the information or having a link to it.

Anyway, you can eat your heart out with this. Temperatures are in centigrade
and the highs are 80°F or higher. Hmmm...that day of 34° is well over 90°F.

Today : Sunny. High 28. Maximum UV index 7.5 or high.

Tonight : Clear. Low 13.

Sunday : Sunny. High 29.

Monday : Sunny. Low 17. High 30.

Tuesday : Sunny. Low 19. High 32.

Wednesday : Sunny with cloudy periods. Low 19. High 34.

--
Gardening Zones
Canada Zone 5a