Old 21-06-2003, 04:32 PM
The Cook

Default New gardening gloves

Mary McHugh wrote:

With all the cold wet weather we've been having here in the northeast, I
have to content myself with small steps. I went to a local nursery to
pick up some plum tomatoes and I spied a new glove on the display by the
checkout. It's called "The Ultimate Summer Glove". It's got latex
fingers and palm with a polyester knit back.

Normally I just use good dishwashing gloves (Playtex or the like) in the
garden because they have the best finger feel. The downside is that
they're not particularly sturdy so it's easy to puncture or rip them and
because they can't breathe, my hands are soaked after a short bit.

I usually take a medium but I was able to squeeze comfortably into the
small size, which made for a better fit around my fingers. They're very
comfortable and even though the latex fingers are a little thicker than
the dishwashing gloves, I could still discriminate while pulling weeds.

So, so far so good. We'll see if my hands sweat if it ever warms up
around here. Oh, and they're supposed to be machine washable.

Sigh. If only I could post about my awesome tomatoes and eggplant instead.

Mary

Your gloves sound like the ones I bought earlier this year. Not as
flexible as Playtex, but yesterday I trimmed back a rose bush and
picked up the clippings with not thorns in the fingers.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.