Old 21-06-2003, 05:56 PM

Default New gardening gloves

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:19:42 -0400, Mary McHugh
wrote:

[...]

Normally I just use good dishwashing gloves (Playtex or the like) in the
garden because they have the best finger feel. The downside is that
they're not particularly sturdy so it's easy to puncture or rip them and
because they can't breathe, my hands are soaked after a short bit.

[...]

I use the "surgical" gloves sold by the box at pharmacies. They
are sturdy enough to handle almost everything that doesn't involve
rose thorns -- even pulling stubborn weeds. Environmental-wise
it means tossing them after nearly every use, but they are
convenient, fit my hands, and have good "feel" so I stay with them,
mea culpa!.

--

Polar