Old 21-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Honeysuckle - help please.

"McBad" wrote in message

Chris Stewart wrote in message

"McBad" wrote in message
Hi Malcolm,
I have had similar probs where the root run of my honeysuckle was in

"
rain shadow". Could it be that they aren't getting enough water at the
roots?? The end result for me was a fungal attack and loss of leaves. It
grew again the next year, and because I watered it a bit more, didn't

seem
to have the same problems. This year, it's roots have spread far and

wide -
healthy plant, no watering required.

Chris

Hmmm, perhaps possible. I could certainly try watering a bit more -

nothing
to loose!

M.

Type of honeysuckle can also be a facter, some just don't like sunny
situations or dry (eg most L. japonica types) for those sorts of locations
choose L. etrusca or one of its hybrids L.x italica
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk