Old 21-06-2003, 10:44 PM
simy1

Default Harvest Garlic Early?

(Fleemo) wrote in message . com...
The garlic that I planted last fall has grown tall, and is just now
starting to brown and a few plants have even toppled over. I'm
anxious to harvest them so I can replace them with an early variety of
corn before it gets too late in the season. Are the garlic bulbs
likely to get much larger in the next three weeks or so, or are they
pretty much done with their growing and are close enough to being done
to harvest?

Thanks.

I would interplant corn in the garlic, in fact I always have something
interplanted in the garlic (right now is collard and red cabbage, and
the spinach which have now bolted). The corn will not get roots large
enough to be affected by your harvest 3 weeks from now.