Old 22-06-2003, 02:32 AM
JimS.

Default Rose with "sprained ankle"

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
om...
I just realized that this post needs to be split into A. "Help?" and B.
"Help? and thanks so much for reading the post" -- not to mention my
gratitude to everyone on this newsgroup.

A. If a rose cane has bent, but not quite broken, is there anything that
can be done for it? (Aside from a "splint" is there any sort of bandage

or
wax, or something?)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

C'mon, you're in North Carolina, and you have to ask??? Why, DUCT TAPE, of
course!!!
Seriously....I had this happen last year, a nice big beautiful branch that
bent 90 degrees and would certainly have died. "Like hell", I
thought....got nothin' to lose--- so I hauled out the duct tape and
bandaged it up, just like a cast. Left it on for about 4 months. When I
took the tape off, there it was: a nice, big, knobby "knee", right where it
had broken. In fact, I think it's stronger than it would have been 'cuz
it's got "scar tissue". It worked great.

Since then this same plant has gotten droopy and I've propped it up with
tomato stakes. If another branch folds like that, I will definitely do the
duct tape again.

JimS.
Seattle