Old 22-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Michael Shaffer

Default Pump to prime siphon hose

I have one of those, just don't turn the drill too fast or without water
for very long or it will melt.

John Hines wrote:
"Jeff Kessler" wrote:

My problem is that it is quite difficult and somewhat unpleasant to get
these hoses started. I currently "prime" the siphon by sucking on the hose.
Have you ever tasted pond mud!?! I am wondering if anyone can direct me to
a vendor who offer siphon pumps which attach to a garden hose. Ideally I
would like something hand operated. No gas or electric pumps. I am
thinking of rigging a gas siphon, but none of these are designed to attach
to a garden hose.

Run over to the hardware store, and get a small pump that will attach to
a drill.

I got one, it connects in/out to garden hoses, self primes, and moves a
bunch of water.

They are less than usd$10 at the hardware store.