Old 22-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Steve

Default Can you help me identify and save this sick tree?

I live in East Scotland and have a beautiful but unidentified tree that is
about 5m tall and has lovely pink and white new leaves (or maybe bracts?)
at this time of year. Last year it developed a disease of some sort which
causes the shoots to die back from the tip, going black and splitting.
Cutting out all the diseased parts as they developed last year didn't help.
There are pictures at http://www.rosebud.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
any help identifying the tree and or the disease would be very much
appreciated

TIA

Steve

---