Old 22-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Charlie C.

Default My goldfish all died...

Today I went out to feed the fish in my pond and noticed that all the
goldfish had died (I assume that all of them are dead as I haven't seen any
but I suppose a few could be hiding). I had two large goldfish (an oranda
and a shubunkin which have been in the pond for a few years) and they
recently had babies so I had several (about 1-inch) hybrid offspring.

All of the goldfish seemed to be doing well as recently as yesterday.

The weird thing is that the pond also has a bunch of White Cloud Mountain
Minnows in it (again they and their offspring have been in there for a
couple of years) and they seem to be fine. They are swimming normally and I
also see a few very small baby white clouds who also seem to be doing fine.
I haven't noticed any dead white clouds.

There are also a ton of toad tadpoles but I get those every year. One year,
when it was REALLY hot the tadpoles used up most of the oxygen in the pond
so I had to use an airstone to agitate the surface. When I lost fish in
that incident they died slowly over a few weeks. This time the fish were
fine yesterday and today they're gone.

Anyone have any guesses?

Thanks,

Charlie in Houston