Old 22-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Marc Brown

Default Need recommendations for garden pond / veranda accessories

Actually, "veranda" isn't quite the word for it. My mother has put together
a strange thing in one corner of her back yard. It has a comfortable bench
and a chair to sit down in, a little garden pond complete with small fish
and some aquatic plants, and it has a roof of sorts, making it feasible to
relax in even if it's raining. But it is not enclosed; there are no walls
apart from the fence, so one can walk in and out of it at will, and of
course so can insects. It measures perhaps 8' x 8'.

I'm trying to hunt around for things that might be useful for such an
environment. I don't think she needs anything for the pond (like mosquito
larvae poison or whatever). I'm talking about things like a small wind
chime or something else I can't even imagine. I unfortunately don't have a
great deal of experience with this sort of thing so I'm sure I am
overlooking some obvious possibilities.

Recommendations welcome!