Old 05-03-2003, 02:39 AM
Iris Cohen

Default bonsai artificial tree?

My grandmother came back to the U.S. and had in her treasures a little
bonsai
tree, with flowers, leaves, and fruit? of glass (looks like jade, but Im pretty
sure its glass). The tree is embedded in ornamental rock and in a ceramic 6
sided pot. It is a single trunk and is wind swept against a wind like at the
coast. what style of art is this?

To tell you the truth, where I come from it is called kitsch. Most people do
not consider it serious art. However, if it is pretty & you enjoy it, go right
ahead.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."