Old 23-06-2003, 05:08 AM
Charlie C.

Default My goldfish all died...

Rich wrote in :

Did your lawn company spray?
Did a tree company spray trees?
Did you leave the garden hose in the pond run all night?

"Lori" wrote in message
Anybody spray their yard very recently?

No spraying and I didn't leave the garden hose on. Also, the other fish in
my pong (White Clouds) are still okay, even the very smallest fry. That's
what's strange to me - that only the gold fish died.

The pond is a small pre-fab about 18" deep 3'x5' with a lot of anacharis and
parrots feather plus some water hyacinth. There are some marginals and a
couple of small lillies as well. It's been set up for about 4 years and so
far it's been doing pretty well. I've had one fish die-off due to low
oxygen (too hot and too many tadpoles) but, as I mentioned in my earlier
post, that didn't kill my fish all at once but slowly over a few days.