Old 23-06-2003, 05:32 AM
Repeating Decimal

Default snow peas

in article , zxcvbob at
wrote on 6/22/03 7:15 PM:

I'm growing snow peas this year for the first time. I think the variety is
Oregon Early Giant, or something like that. When do I pick them? As soon
as the pods are almost 3 inches long, or do I let them fill out just a
little -- where I can see the immature peas bulging the pods? Thanks.

Bob

While some people say the immature peas are the sweetest, I do not find that
to be the case. I wait until they fill out a bit, actually quite a bit. Take
a chance and try one a bit early. What do you have to lose? That way you
will calibrate yourself quickly.

Bill