Old 23-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Chris Norton

Default New Allotment, WOOHOO! Now what?

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:48:27 +0100, "Colin Davidson"
wrote:

I'm seeing a man about an allotment this evening.

I'm really looking forward to having more space than I've got in our little
garden to grow food in. But it's a bit late in the season. Obviously I can
plant some later cropping carrots, some green salad veg that crop in autumn,
I can probably squeeze in some late beans, but what else can I get into the
ground in the next month or two?

Cheers,

Colin.

Well it all depends on what kind of state your going to get it in!
Ours was overgrown and all I could do is spray the thing, wait till it
all died off. Start digging and clearing. Hardly anything has been put
in this year.

HOWEVER, there are lots of stuff you can put in. Some winter onions,
leeks. Sprouting broccoli. Just get a seed cat and have a good
rummage.

What you can do is start getting things prepared for it next year in
the term of infrastructure. Unless your really lucky and have a ready
made shed there then there`s one thing you can get made. Also, the old
compost heap can get going too with all that clearing up.

Hard work but good fun. And I really hope you get yours all nicely dug
over ready to go.