Old 23-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Hal

Default Pump to prime siphon hose

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:51:48 -0400, "Jeff Kessler"
wrote:

My problem is that it is quite difficult and somewhat unpleasant to get
these hoses started. I currently "prime" the siphon by sucking on the hose.
Have you ever tasted pond mud!?! I am wondering if anyone can direct me to
a vendor who offer siphon pumps which attach to a garden hose. Ideally I
would like something hand operated. No gas or electric pumps. I am
thinking of rigging a gas siphon, but none of these are designed to attach
to a garden hose.

A water bed fill kit has a siphon fitting that works with a garden hose.

Regards,

Hal