Old 23-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Steve Calvin

Default Mantis owner's website

HPBudlong wrote:
Hi, How do you plike your electric? I was thinking of trading my gas mantis in
for an electric - I always had problems in starting it ( although my husband
didn't - so it is probably just me Also I routinely found I intended to work
with it more and so ended up going through winter withough winterizing it and
so had problems.

snip
Helen

If you didn't winterize it then the carb. may be gummed up. I always
winterize it. Heck, I even run stabilized gas in my snowblower all the
time. Never had a problem.

Assumint that the carb is clear, starting it should be relatively easy.
Push the "prime" bulb 4 times, pull the choke out and then pull the
starter cord. The FIRST time that it sputters like it wants to start
shut the choke off and pull it. It should fire right up.

Good luck if you decide to go electric though.

--
Steve