Old 16-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Craig

Default Mantis owner's website

Hello...this question may be slightly off topic, but I recently purchased a
Mantis electric tiller and noticed that they have a section of their website
(http://www.mantiselectrictiller.com/owners/owners.asp)
dedicated to owner's of Mantis equipment. They claim the password is in the
owner's manual, but I've gone over the manual twice cover to cover and have
yet to find it. Anybody have any experience with this? I was going to
phone them tomorrow but thought I'd see if anyone else has stumbled across
this.
Craig
(Now if the yard would only dry out long enough for me to prepare my block
for corn...at least the radishes are thriving!)

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither

Concerned with the direction our government
is going? VOTE LIBERTARIAN

Old 17-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Craig

Well, you can disregard my previous post. Phoned Mantis today and got the
password. Checked out the site and it is nothing more than some additional
advertising. Oh well...still wonder where they buried that password.
(Maybe I needed to buy a decoder ring or something.)
Craig

Old 22-06-2003, 03:20 AM
HPBudlong

Hi, How do you plike your electric? I was thinking of trading my gas mantis in
for an electric - I always had problems in starting it ( although my husband
didn't - so it is probably just me Also I routinely found I intended to work
with it more and so ended up going through winter withough winterizing it and
so had problems.

Not being so young any more, I found I couldn't work in the garden for the
extended periods of time necessary to prepare my new beds, so if the electric
is easy to start I can use if for short spurts - and if it doesn't require
winterising or other preparation if it is going to stand for a while, I might
conssider the upgrade.

Helen
Old 23-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Steve Calvin

HPBudlong wrote:
Hi, How do you plike your electric? I was thinking of trading my gas mantis in
for an electric - I always had problems in starting it ( although my husband
didn't - so it is probably just me Also I routinely found I intended to work
with it more and so ended up going through winter withough winterizing it and
so had problems.

snip
Helen

If you didn't winterize it then the carb. may be gummed up. I always
winterize it. Heck, I even run stabilized gas in my snowblower all the
time. Never had a problem.

Assumint that the carb is clear, starting it should be relatively easy.
Push the "prime" bulb 4 times, pull the choke out and then pull the
starter cord. The FIRST time that it sputters like it wants to start
shut the choke off and pull it. It should fire right up.

Good luck if you decide to go electric though.

--
Steve

Old 23-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Craig KB8FGC

The electric is very simple to start...just plug it in and pull the
trigger. There is a sliding switch located above the trigger that you
use to control the speed. There are three speed levels. As for
maintenance, not much there either. Mantis recommends cleaning and
oiling the tines after each use. Also, the transmission needs to have
the grease level checked once a year. That's it. My only complaint
is that on a couple of occasions the handle brace came off as the nut
holding one of the bolts vibrated loose. An electric drill with a
socket took care of that one. :-) As for power, I had no problem
tilling the heavy clay soil we have here in southwest ohio...it was
kind of fun to watch. If I left the tiller in one spot too long, I
could see it descending as it dug itself in. I also suggest letting
it "rest" periodically, at lest if working in heavy (somewhat damp)
clay, as the clay cause the unit to run fairly hot. (Had the circuit
breaker trip a couple of times.) Not a problem there, as during the
rest times I also went indoors to cool off myself and have a some
water.
Craig

Old 23-06-2003, 07:20 PM
H Hornblower

I have one with a Honda engine. The factory doesn't sell them
anymore, but you can find new ones online. It starts first pull almost
every time. I start it alot too, as I've got alot of rocks.

Traffic To Your Website???How can Grow Your Website??? man with honour Gardening 1 31-10-2007 02:06 PM
Mantis owner's website Craig Gardening 1 17-06-2003 04:56 AM
Central Illinois Retail Greenhouse, Garden Center, and Nursery Business - For Sale by Owner Eades Greenhouse and Nursery Gardening 0 03-02-2003 09:15 PM