Old 23-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Carl Beyer

Default Anyone use a Fuidized Bed Filter?

In article ,
Matt the Rat wrote:

Carl Beyer wrote:
Wanted to hear thoughts / results. Considering it for my 400 gallon
pond. I have heard great things...

I've got one in my pond (somewhere between 15000 and 20000 litres and
far too many fish). Ammonia levels aren't zero but are right at the
bottom of the scale on the test kit.

I wouldn't buy one though, they're easier enough to make with a pipe and
some coral sand.

This is what I kind of saw as well. The ones I have seen here in the US
do not seem to be outdoor friendly.

Do you, or anyone else, have any specifics on how to construct this bad
boy? Like sand to water volume?

I assume it is dead coral sand, not live coral sand that is used in my
berlin system of reef tank?

Thanks for any advice on this

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com