Old 23-06-2003, 06:08 PM
The Cook

Default snow peas

Repeating Decimal wrote:

in article , Pat Meadows at
wrote on 6/23/03 4:58 AM:

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 04:25:49 GMT, Repeating Decimal
wrote:

While some people say the immature peas are the sweetest, I do not find that
to be the case. I wait until they fill out a bit, actually quite a bit. Take
a chance and try one a bit early. What do you have to lose? That way you
will calibrate yourself quickly.

Bill

Bill, these are snowpeas - did you possibly not realize
that?

Pat

I do not know what you mean. Is the name pertinent? What are the properties
of snow peas that I should know?

Nill

According to the book I have, "Rodale's All-new Encyclopedia of
Organic Gardening," snow peas produce flat pods that you can eat
either raw or cooked. Snap peas are eaten either as young flat pods
or after the peas have grown, and are fat and juicy in the pods.
--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.