Old 23-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Col

Default Pruning Philadelphus

"bnd777" wrote in message
Cut out just some of the branches right down at the base

Also after 10 years these shrubs get rather woody
You could dig out the clump and saw it into sections trim them down by at
least 50% and replant .......you will soon find new young foliage appearing
along with flowers
These shrubs are tough as old boots ,,,,,,,I dug out a huge one left it for
months it was even too tough to saw through .........half burnt it on a
bonfire then was able to split it up and its rewarded me with 6 fine new
shrubs

Thanks for all the feedback.
I have cut a number of the branches out at the base, here's to more
flowers next year!

Col
--
Well, La-di-da,