Old 23-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Matt the Rat

Default Anyone use a Fuidized Bed Filter?

Carl Beyer wrote:
In article ,
Matt the Rat wrote:

Carl Beyer wrote:

Wanted to hear thoughts / results. Considering it for my 400 gallon
pond. I have heard great things...

I wouldn't buy one though, they're easier enough to make with a pipe and
some coral sand.

This is what I kind of saw as well. The ones I have seen here in the US
do not seem to be outdoor friendly.

Do you, or anyone else, have any specifics on how to construct this bad
boy? Like sand to water volume?

I've put an outline on my rarely updared blog at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/matttherat/blog/index.htm

The key element is the rate at which you pump water through compared to
the height of the filter. If you push through too much water then all
your sand will get pumped out.

--
Matt Helliwell
Matt at Matt The Rat dot com