Old 05-03-2003, 06:39 AM
JStubbs358

Default Another iris question-Can I separate them Now?

Hi- I love iris for thier non maintenence and beautiful flowers. I have lots of
types but my favorite has to be Elenor Rosevelt because she blooms her heart
out for me 10-12 times a year!There is rarely a time she is not blooming. Batik
is next best rebloomer so far but on to my problem. I need to re arrange where
several of my iris are presently planting. Some are only 1 yr or less old the
others at least 3 if not 4 yrs. Those are big and look like they could be
divided when i move them. So here are my choics-Go ahead move everybody and
don't divide until after Aug. Don't move anybody and have awkward plantings
around them or divide move whatever tenderly, gently.with bonemeal? I'm in S.
Central tx in San Antonio and we just had an ice storm last week but I cut over
a dozen royal purple blooms and 4 light lavender before it hit and they made a
wonderful vase in my LR.It was cold this morning but shorts this afternoon.
What should I do? I've been gone a while but nice to see Zhan and MadGardener
posting. Is Victoria still around?With my FM I haven't been able to do much
lately but I have help for tomrrow so please answer quickly.I know Victoria has
FM and did you Mad? There had seemed like lots of us at one time

..Judy zone I don't remember-aughhhh! Well its San Antonio

Judy zone 8 texas