Old 24-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Beecrofter

Default Q. How to kill ants on patio?

c (TOM KAN PA) wrote in message ...
From my patio.

I go out on my patio in the morning and it's covered with ants. They have
wings. There's no sandy ant hill type thing, it looks like they're oozing out
of one hole in the ground.

OK, I don't think they're ants, I'd say termites? But there's no wood in the
area. What should she pour down the hole to kill 'em. She has a dog that does
go outside, and two cats which under supervision, she'll allow to walk outside
and sit. She doesn't want to flood the area with chemicals, only as a last
resort.

The reproductives have wings.
Ants have a clearly defined waist termites do not
Ants have jointed antennae Termites are filoform like a bead chain.

Before you decide to kill anything find out what it is.