Old 24-06-2003, 06:30 AM
Noydb

Default New gardening gloves

Mary McHugh wrote:
Sigh. If only I could post about my awesome tomatoes and eggplant
instead.

I planted Mortgage Lifters this year. I got off to a late start and they
only had the first set of leaves when I transplanted them on April 19. In
the past week they have finally 'kicked in' to overdrive. They now have
buds on them despite being only about 18" tall.

Been getting a very good crop of strawberries. I have about 100 sq ft in
strawberries and have been picking 2# - 4# per day for the past week or so.

Tried mesclun mix this year ... next year I won't plant nearly as much of it
because it grows quite a bit faster than Avis & I can eat it!

Last fall I planted garlic sandwiched between layers of compost. I'm looking
forward to seeing how they liked that. When I poke a finger alongside them
they feel like they are big.

Well, I'd brag more but I gotta get to bed. :-)

Bill
Detroit, MI