Old 24-06-2003, 07:08 AM
Steve \Srfmon\

Default one Koi in bad shape

I noticed one of my koi swimming oddly this weekend. On closer inspection,
he had both eyes removed & is missing his pectoral fins. Could a bird have
done this? The others are fine.
My wife is bummed because that's her favorite koi. I thought I'd put it out
of it's misery (bowl of water in the freezer) but she wouldn't have it. I
think she wants to move it inside to an uncycled 10g. Is that a good idea?
Will this koi survive? It still eats but it is difficult to do considering
the circumstances.

The pond is a 125g that has been setup for 4 years. Most of the fish are
comets but 3 out of the 8 are koi. They are all approx. 6" or under.

Steve