Old 24-06-2003, 07:08 AM
Steve \Srfmon\

Default one Koi in bad shape

I noticed one of my koi swimming oddly this weekend. On closer inspection,
he had both eyes removed & is missing his pectoral fins. Could a bird have
done this? The others are fine.
My wife is bummed because that's her favorite koi. I thought I'd put it out
of it's misery (bowl of water in the freezer) but she wouldn't have it. I
think she wants to move it inside to an uncycled 10g. Is that a good idea?
Will this koi survive? It still eats but it is difficult to do considering
the circumstances.

The pond is a 125g that has been setup for 4 years. Most of the fish are
comets but 3 out of the 8 are koi. They are all approx. 6" or under.

Steve

Old 24-06-2003, 07:20 AM
jammer

Yuck, get the clove oil and be done with it. A 10 gallon isnt a good
idea if i have been taught right.

Old 24-06-2003, 04:56 PM

this fish will do FINE being blind. leave it alone. call Jo Ann to find out why the
fish lost its eyes. 1-251-649-4790
add some salt in the meantime and check the water conditions. you are WAY
overstocked!!!!! Ingrid

"Steve \"Srfmon\"" wrote:

I noticed one of my koi swimming oddly this weekend. On closer inspection,
he had both eyes removed & is missing his pectoral fins. Could a bird have
done this? The others are fine.
My wife is bummed because that's her favorite koi. I thought I'd put it out
of it's misery (bowl of water in the freezer) but she wouldn't have it. I
think she wants to move it inside to an uncycled 10g. Is that a good idea?
Will this koi survive? It still eats but it is difficult to do considering
the circumstances.

The pond is a 125g that has been setup for 4 years. Most of the fish are
comets but 3 out of the 8 are koi. They are all approx. 6" or under.

Steve

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 24-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Barbara2245

"Steve \"Srfmon\"" wrote in message m...
I noticed one of my koi swimming oddly this weekend. On closer inspection,
he had both eyes removed & is missing his pectoral fins. Could a bird have
done this? The others are fine.
My wife is bummed because that's her favorite koi. I thought I'd put it out
of it's misery (bowl of water in the freezer) but she wouldn't have it. I
think she wants to move it inside to an uncycled 10g. Is that a good idea?
Will this koi survive? It still eats but it is difficult to do considering
the circumstances.

The pond is a 125g that has been setup for 4 years. Most of the fish are
comets but 3 out of the 8 are koi. They are all approx. 6" or under.

Steve

The pond is vastly over stocked. It would be fine for a few goldfish
but not koi. Koi should have 100 gallons/fish and they need deep water
to dive. The pond has serious water problems and more fish will die.
Get rid of the koi or build a much larger pond. It cruel to leave them
in this small pond. Good luck.