Old 24-06-2003, 11:44 AM
John Bachman

Default Who is this loud mouthed critter?

In our new pond lives a small critter who makes a big racket. I have
not seen it yet but it is there. We live in Southern New Hampshire.
Every evening at dusk the critter starts his call. It is a long
Chiiiiiiirrrrrrrrpppp and is very loud. I have stood over the spot
where the sound seems to be emanating with flashlight in hand and see
nothing. I think that the critter must be back under the rocks
somewhere and must be much smaller than his voice.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Insect, frog or toad?

TIA

John