Old 24-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Color me DISCOURAGED! - herons and nets

You may want to be careful there Jan!! Never can tell what else you may
over hear at night listening in on your teenage son! Especially in the hot
tub! At 1 am! At that time of the night all bets are off for me, the old
folks should be sleeping happily dreaming of whatever old folks dream of!

I can only imagine what my dear Mama would have heard had she listened in on
me and my friends at that age! She probably would have gone into an
irrecoverable coma!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Szpond wrote:
This year - Murky, pea green soup, floating algae, for the past 6
weeks. Plenty of plants.

4,500 gallons, could you describe your filter? How many plants is plenty?
Have you checked your water parameters/quality? What are those numbers
showing?

I also swear by the scarecrow sprinklers. I had a racoon hit me, granted

he
didn't catch any fish amazingly, but he trashed the pond. I had a

scarecrow
sprinkler installed ASAP and luckily before it came back and it never
bother the pond again. Other decoys I've used are the heron scarer plastic
fish, they seem to work well on kingfishers. I also have my old baby
monitor out by the pond and the receiver in my bedroom. Last night I
discovered by teenage son using the hot tub at 1am. Sheesh! ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a