Old 05-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Pam

Default Need some help and insight

Tom Jaszewski wrote:

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 01:52:18 GMT, "Cereoid+10+"
wrote:

Phytophthera, which
is a soil-borne fungus and can affect each of these crops. It is not

easily
treated in the soil except through soil fumigation,

look into compost tea and good quality tested compost. Neither of the
previous "experts" are very well versed in the realm of organic
growing.

No need to get snarky, Tom. I don't consider myself an expert in anything.
The poster asked for insight, which I hope I helped to provide. And I am
quite well versed in organic methods. While compost tea does appear to
offer some impressive disease suppression capabilities, all we have to go
on are a few field studies and annecdotal experience. I am not going to
argue this point with you - not all compost teas are equal, not all
homeowners have access to them and there is no scientifically prepared and
tested body of knowledge to support their claims.