Old 24-06-2003, 01:44 PM
MNaut

Default Moving a garden shed

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to move a garden shed? I have a wooden
shed that measures 10'X8' and has a plywood floor and shingled roof with
masonite panel siding. I would estimate the weight at 1500 lbs or so. We
are moving it over established grass lawn to a new site on our property that
is down-hill and about 100 feet from it's present location. I had thought
of buying round wooden fence posts to use for rollers and recruiting a few
of my teenaged sons' friends for muscle. I'm unable to get motorized
equipment to the areas involved. I would be interested in hearing about any
past experiences with similar situations. I would like to find the
quickest, cheapest, easiest way to do the job.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Regards,
Mark