Old 24-06-2003, 01:44 PM
MNaut

Default Moving a garden shed

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to move a garden shed? I have a wooden
shed that measures 10'X8' and has a plywood floor and shingled roof with
masonite panel siding. I would estimate the weight at 1500 lbs or so. We
are moving it over established grass lawn to a new site on our property that
is down-hill and about 100 feet from it's present location. I had thought
of buying round wooden fence posts to use for rollers and recruiting a few
of my teenaged sons' friends for muscle. I'm unable to get motorized
equipment to the areas involved. I would be interested in hearing about any
past experiences with similar situations. I would like to find the
quickest, cheapest, easiest way to do the job.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Regards,
Mark

Old 24-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Ermalina

MNaut wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to move a garden shed? I have a wooden
shed that measures 10'X8' and has a plywood floor and shingled roof with
masonite panel siding. I would estimate the weight at 1500 lbs or so. We
are moving it over established grass lawn to a new site on our property that
is down-hill and about 100 feet from it's present location. I had thought
of buying round wooden fence posts to use for rollers and recruiting a few
of my teenaged sons' friends for muscle. I'm unable to get motorized
equipment to the areas involved. I would be interested in hearing about any
past experiences with similar situations. I would like to find the
quickest, cheapest, easiest way to do the job.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Regards,
Mark

Do the following Google Groups search; the results should give you some
ideas:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...ing=d&filter=0
Old 25-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Dr. Doctor

I had to move a shed, Not as big and only around 600 - 800 lbs. I rounded up
about 6 2 wheel dollys and 5 friends and we moved it with them . 3 dollys
per side under the wooden platform the shed sat on. not sure if it would
work on something that large.

Old 25-06-2003, 03:56 AM
Chris

What do yo mean by motorized equipent? Can you lift the shed up back a
trailer under using a 4-wheel or garden tractor then move it to the new
location lift up the shed pull the trailer out then lower the shed?

Old 25-06-2003, 04:44 AM
HARRYLEHMANHORSELOGGING

find someone with a team of horses, or do your roller method. I have
moved big stuff on ground using larger round fenceposts. six inch stuff
will do. Smaller doesn't work too good on ground. If you where on
concrete, inch pipe would do the trick. You can put it on rollers,
jacking it up with a car jack or handyman, have a dozen or so posts so
you can keep some under while moving the ones used, from the back to the
front.

Old 25-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Chet Hayes

I've used lengths of 2" PVC water pipe to move spas and it worked
fine, though I rolled it over a patio. Should work on grasss too, but
you might want a slighltly larger diameter.