Old 24-06-2003, 02:20 PM
D. S.

Default Baby toad

I have THOUSANDS of them all over my yard...

D.S.

"jammer" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:23:16 -0700, zookeeper
wrote:

jammer wrote:
This is not a great picture but was lucky to get this. These guys are
good at hiding. I won't see the tads for 2-3 days at a time and think,
oh, they are gone and then i see them again

Oh, jammer, he's soooo cute ... and soooo tiny. When you said toad, I
guess I was thinking frog and bullfrog, like the 8 inch bullfrog that
lived in our pond for a couple of years. I want baby toads toooo. Maybe
if I get my cracked, leaking upper pond and waterfall fixed this summer
/ fall ...

They really ARE adorable. I sure hope they grow fast. There are way
too many birds around here. Since the big toads seem to be done with
the pond for now, I was thinking of setting a wood pile of sorts/some
sort of shady hiding area on bricks in the pond in hopes they will
stay until bigger. I read that they will be leaving soon but i can
always hope. Maybe the extreme heat will keep them near water longer.
I can try!

Good luck on next spring's baby toads!!!!

Chances are i will be expanding mine by thenG