Old 24-06-2003, 03:32 AM
jammer

Default Baby toad

http://community.webshots.com/user/jammer1959

This is not a great picture but was lucky to get this. These guys are
good at hiding. I won't see the tads for 2-3 days at a time and think,
oh, they are gone and then i see them again

It's the last picture on the pond page.
I will be adding june2003 soon.

Old 24-06-2003, 06:31 AM
zookeeper

jammer wrote:
This is not a great picture but was lucky to get this. These guys are
good at hiding. I won't see the tads for 2-3 days at a time and think,
oh, they are gone and then i see them again

Oh, jammer, he's soooo cute ... and soooo tiny. When you said toad, I
guess I was thinking frog and bullfrog, like the 8 inch bullfrog that
lived in our pond for a couple of years. I want baby toads toooo. Maybe
if I get my cracked, leaking upper pond and waterfall fixed this summer
/ fall ...
--
Kathy B, zookeeper
3500gal pond, 13 pond pigs

Old 24-06-2003, 06:44 AM
jammer

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:23:16 -0700, zookeeper
wrote:

jammer wrote:
This is not a great picture but was lucky to get this. These guys are
good at hiding. I won't see the tads for 2-3 days at a time and think,
oh, they are gone and then i see them again

Oh, jammer, he's soooo cute ... and soooo tiny. When you said toad, I
guess I was thinking frog and bullfrog, like the 8 inch bullfrog that
lived in our pond for a couple of years. I want baby toads toooo. Maybe
if I get my cracked, leaking upper pond and waterfall fixed this summer
/ fall ...

They really ARE adorable. I sure hope they grow fast. There are way
too many birds around here. Since the big toads seem to be done with
the pond for now, I was thinking of setting a wood pile of sorts/some
sort of shady hiding area on bricks in the pond in hopes they will
stay until bigger. I read that they will be leaving soon but i can
always hope. Maybe the extreme heat will keep them near water longer.
I can try!

Good luck on next spring's baby toads!!!!

Chances are i will be expanding mine by thenG

Old 25-06-2003, 12:44 AM
zookeeper

jammer wrote:

They really ARE adorable ... Since the big toads seem to be done with
the pond for now, I was thinking of setting a wood pile of sorts/some
sort of shady hiding area on bricks in the pond in hopes they will
stay until bigger ...

Chances are i will be expanding mine by thenG

I imagine some sort of shade might encourage the toads to stay for a
while, but they might also need a food source. Can you research what
type of toad they are and what they eat?

I hope we'll have toads next year, but will have to wait and see. Don't
know if I can get the upper pond / waterfall up and running by spring
time but I will be trying.
--
zookeeper

Old 25-06-2003, 12:56 AM
jammer

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:31:38 -0700, zookeeper
wrote:

jammer wrote:

They really ARE adorable ... Since the big toads seem to be done with
the pond for now, I was thinking of setting a wood pile of sorts/some
sort of shady hiding area on bricks in the pond in hopes they will
stay until bigger ...

Chances are i will be expanding mine by thenG

I imagine some sort of shade might encourage the toads to stay for a
while, but they might also need a food source. Can you research what
type of toad they are and what they eat?

I hope we'll have toads next year, but will have to wait and see. Don't
know if I can get the upper pond / waterfall up and running by spring
time but I will be trying.

You aren't in Dallas area are you? We could help each other!

Old 25-06-2003, 08:20 AM
zookeeper

wrote:

I hope we'll have toads next year, but will have to wait and see. Don't
know if I can get the upper pond / waterfall up and running by spring
time but I will be trying.

You aren't in Dallas area are you? We could help each other!

Nope. Don't suppose you want to escape the summer heat of Dallas for
summer rain in Oregon? ;-) didn't think so ...
--
zookeeper

Old 25-06-2003, 10:08 PM
jammer

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:50:12 -0700, zookeeper
wrote:

Nope. Don't suppose you want to escape the summer heat of Dallas for
summer rain in Oregon? ;-) didn't think so ...
--
zookeeper

Please, PLEASE take me away from this HEAT!!!!!!

(ok, so i couldn't really do it, but what a grand thought)

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
The first toad. BOO HOO!!!!!!! jammer Ponds 17 12-04-2003 07:32 AM
Toad Beak 21 Ponds (alternative) 1 26-03-2003 08:32 PM
Frog, toad and newt spawn Annabel United Kingdom 9 08-03-2003 05:45 PM
to "Toad" Faye Lifford-Earle Gardening 1 04-02-2003 01:19 AM