Old 24-06-2003, 04:20 PM

Default Help- deer and hostas

the green coated more open wire, laying down around the beds works well too and sorta
blends. My mothers gardens are now swamped with the filthy tick infested things and
I am suggesting she companion plant some digitalis!! and with daffodils which are
poisonous. they whacked em to the ground. fortunately, they will come back.
that blood meal really works for the tree rats!! Ingrid

(dstvns) wrote:
I've
got some very nice hostas, and they flower every year, mixed with the
tulips...but they are surrounded by chicken wire which deer wont go
near, since they could get their hoof stuck and break a leg.

Bone meal and blood meal spread around the yard will also help keep
deer on edge in your yard.

Dan

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/